The Huchuy Qosqo trek is a really nice and not too challenging option that combines nature, original Inca Trails, a visit and a guided tour of the little known Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo. Taking you off the beaten track you get away from all the crowds of the better known treks but you still get to enjoy all the amazing views Peru has to offer. The Huchuy Qosqo trek is perfect for those with a short time frame or who are looking for an easier trekking route.
Huchuy Qosqo, The Little Cusco, recently restored by archaeologists, is located at 3,450 mals. From this point you can see part of the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas, many beautiful big mountains as Chicon, Pitusiray, Sawasiray, Waccaywilca or Veronica ancient Apus so respected and venerated by the locals which most of them are Incas- Quechuas descendents. We have a guided tour for 1.5 hours to visit and explore this interesting Inca complex.
Starting Altitude - 3800m / 12,467ft.
Highest Altitude - 4300m / 14,107ft.
Walking Distance - 18km / 11 miles
Longest Day - Day 1, approximately 10km / 6.2 miles
Coldest Night - Day 1 around -2º celsius
Overall Difficulty - Easy
|2 Trekkers||3 Trekkers||4 Trekkers||5 Trekkers||6 Trekkers||7 Trekkers||8 Trekkers||9 Trekkers||10 Trekkers||11 Trekkers||12 Trekkers||13 Trekkers|
|$615 each||$500 each||$465 each||$450 each||$440 each||$430 each||$420 each||$415 each||$410 each||$400 each||$390 each||$385 each|
HUCHUY QOSQO TO MACHU PICCHU departs daily and it can be hiked year round although the months of April till October are probably more comfortable since the weather is drier. June, July and August are the high season when this tour can be fully booked so be sure to make your reservations in advance. The months of January, February and March are in the wet season so hiking the trail requires that you have a good rain jacket and waterproof tent.
The Huchuy Qosqo to Machu Picchu trek is rated normal and any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route. Some sections are a little challenging nevertheless, it is important to be in good health and feel comfortable walking for extended periods of time. We use the term “normal” instead of “easy” because these trips still require you to be in good physical shape and well prepared specially because altitudes of 4300m are reached, so ensuring that you are well acclimatized is important. If arriving from sea level, plan to spend at least 2 full days in Cusco prior to commencing the trek. This should allow plenty of time for acclimatization and give you sufficient opportunity to visit the city of Cusco and nearby Inca ruins at Sacsayhuaman, Q'enko, Pucapucara and Tambomachay, as well as spending a day or two exploring the Sacred Valley of the Incas visiting the tradition market town of Pisac and the fascinating Inca fortress at Ollantaytambo
Let’s start the adventure!!!!
From 06:00 am early pick up from your hotels, (please organize with your hotel the night before for a packed breakfast to take with you for such an early start.) We will use a private vehicle for the 1.5 hour to Patabamba a community located at 3800 masl. On route we pass Saqsaywaman and go over the mountains towards Corao where we will watch sunrise over the Sacred Valley of the Incas, beautiful Andean village with amazing landscapes and land of great wool weavers, they use ancestral Inca techniques to create amazing textiles.
We will pass on few small communities as Siwas, Qenqo and Pumamarka where you can see locals farming their lands with potatoes and beams crops as their ancestors did. This little valley is beautiful with a lot of native trees, flowers and bushes, our walk will start with a gentle walk of a small ravine after 2 hours then we need to climb around 400 meters to the reach Pumamarka ruins, the walk from here is one hour to reach the Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo, recently restored by archaeologists, located at 3,450 mals. From this point it is clear to see many beautiful mountains as Chicon, Pitusiray, Sawasiray, Waccaywilca or Veronica ancient sacred mountains "Apus" so respected and venerated by the locals Incas- Quechuas descendents living in this valleys for centuries. This Inca site is amazing, we arrive and have enough time to rest, relax and recover with a delicious pack lunch, then we will be ready for our guided tour to visit and explore this interesting Inca complex.
Then we start our descent down to Lamay. This is an extraodinary trail down the side of the messa and hard due to being a continual descent ( a slightly slippery trail due to loose sand on rocks in some parts in the middle section in dry season. Expect to have sore feet and knees by now and it is with views of the valley about a km below so those with vertigo may want to be aware of this although the trail is wide enough to fit 2 or more people at all times.
Then we board a private car for 1 hour until Ollantaytambo town where we can visit for a short time this impresive living andean town where we will have dinner.
Some people prefer not to stay in Ollantaytambo for dinner, but take the early train to Aguas Calientes to see the scenery along the trip and have time to enjoy the hot springs and Dinner at Aguas Calientes. Otherwise, at 6:45 pm we will be boarding our train toward Aguas Calientes town (Machupicchu village) this will be for 2 hours. Our staff from Hostel Viajeros will be waiting for your arrival and take you to our hostel located only few minutes from train station. Cup of tea, showers and good sleep for the next morning great day.
Meals Included:Lunch and Dinner
Maximum Altitude:4000 metres
Minimum Altitude:2000 metres
Distance Travelled:10 km
Today is Machu Picchu!!!
Early wake up at 04:30 am breakfast
05:30 am we board the first bus to Machupicchu.
After 30 minutes bus ride for approximately 400 meters, we arrive to Machupicchu and we are on front of this marvelous place, ready for our visit.
3 hours guided tour with our expert tour guide, he will show you and walk with you through the most remarkable sectors, areas, temples, residences, altars and he will offer a relevant history and archaeological informations.
After the guided tour you will have extra time to explore by yourself;
Climbing to Huaynapicchu mountain, climbing the the sun gate “Inti-Punku”, walking to Inca Bridge.
At 10:00 am we climb Huayna picchu mountain ( it takes 2 hours in and back)
By 15:45 pm we board a bus down to Aguas Calientes to Viajeros Hostel.
At 16.45 pm we board our train return to Poroy-Cusco train station, our transfer will take you to your hotel in Cusco, return time at 21.00 Hrs approx.
Meals Included:Breakfast and Lunch
• Pre-departure briefing in our office or your hotel the night before.
• Pickup from your hotel at 6.00 am
• Transfer in private vehicle to Patabamba (starting point of the trek)
• Experienced english speaking guide.
• Meal: 2 lunch, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast.
• First-aid kit included
• Private vehicle from Lamay to Ollantaytambo
• Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (Vistadome or Expedition)
• Reception at Aguas Calientes and transfer to the Hotel
• Accommodation in Double private room, with breakfast.
• Early bus up to Machupicchu from Aguas Calientes
• Admission fee for Machu Picchu and Huaynapicchu
• Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
• Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
• Expedition Train return to Cusco.
• Transfer to your hotel.
• A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
• Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
• Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, fruits
• Camera, film and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
• Hat to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
• Insect repellent, minimum recommended 20% DEET
• Sun bloc..
• You also need to bring your original passport with you.
• Breakfast on Day 1
• Drinks and snacks.
• Dinner on 2nd night.
• Tip for your guide.
• USD 20 Sleeping bag rental(-18°C) for the whole trek
• USD 20 single tent accommodation
• USD 120 Personal porter (15 kl or 33 lb)
• USD 30 Walking Poles (Pair)
• USD 60 Huayna Picchu entrance ticket
• Extra night in Aguas Calientes (check the details with your account executive)
• The Huchuy Qosqo to Machu Picchu Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure.
• If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion due to altitude, health, or for any other reason, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. TICKETSPERU.COM does not cover the expenses made by the traveler due to abandonement such as meals, hotel, return transportation, medical expenses, etc.
• Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances such as civil unrest, worker strikes, etc. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, TICKETSPERU.COM or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
• In case of force majeur, when a trek or tour cannot start or be completed, TICKETSPERU.COM will find an alternative. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked tour, TICKETSPERU.COM will refund the difference.
• It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. TICKETSPERU.COM cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
The Client may cancel this tour package at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled are subject to a cancellation fee:
|Cancelation Notice Received||Cancelation Penalty %|
|16+ Days advanced notice||$20 Penalty|
|10-15 Days advanced notice||60% Penalty of total booking paid|
|7-9 Days advanced notice||80% Penalty of total booking paid|
|0-6 Days advanced notice||100% Penalty of total booking paid|